Super Grade A+ Vanilla Pods
Import and Air Flown from Madagascar
Madagascar is the most popular type and Indian is a consistent favorite. Vanilla bean quality is determined by moisture content, bean length, and condition. Moisture Content is one of the most important aspects of high-grade vanilla. Grade A vanilla beans are extremely moist. Oils should be visible on the outside of the vanilla bean and the bean will leave a residue on your fingers after touching. Vanilla beans with high moisture content will be soft to the touch and highly flexible when bent. It is common to see the oils extend from the vanilla bean when packaged in vacuum-sealed bags. This is a characteristic of extremely high-quality vanilla.
Here is some reference for the different types of Vanilla Pod from different countries.
Each type is slightly different:
- Madagascar Vanilla - rich and creamy
- Mexican Vanilla - bold, dark, smokey
- Indian Vanilla - full, chocolate
- Indonesian Vanilla - mild, well balanced
- Tahitian Vanilla - floral, cherry-chocolate
- Tonga Vanilla - earthy, fig, raisin